Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Boyfriend is a Pastor :)


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  (1 Cor. 13:4-8)



As of now I'm watching him from afar. I am sitting still here. He's practicing with the Praise and Worship Team for tomorrow's Sunday Service. And even though I keep my eyes on the computer screen, I still hear his serene voice as he sings. I just can't help noticing his tender voice :) And when I look again I can't help thanking God that my boyfriend is now already a pastor :)





I first met him almost in the same situation (almost, hehe). I was leading the worship then. He, together with his mom, dad and a family friend entered the church sanctuary and sat on the back. Being in the stage, I can see almost everybody in the congregation. I had a thought at that moment, "They look familiar? hmmm"..  But actually I notice them because they are unfamiliar faces. Haha anggulo lang. But I can sense that there's something with these people. I knew already that they are christians because of the way they behave during the service. I notice "him", "hmmm... nakagreen sya, chubby, may salamin, at parang may something sakanya na di ko madistinguish.." Haha.. in a short glance I had several conclusions already. So that is how I first met "him".



How does it feel to be "his" girlfriend?


Before that let's define who "he" is.

He is a busy person ever since I met him. He is an engineer by profession and working in a reputable company. Despite his busy corporate functions, he take his ministry in the church seriously. After he moved from another church to our local church, his promotions took place shortly. He became one of our worship leaders. He is also the head of the Singles' Ministry. He became one of the church's leaders. Aside from that, he has several extra curricular activities. And oh! He is a loving son to his family and an upright kuya/brother to his siblings. And I forgot to tell you, he is few years older than me. He used to be one of the kuyas to me. Kaya naman, bachelor na bachelor na sya, neneng nene parin ako that time.


Now let's define "me" before we became lovers.

I was a college student. Inexperienced about everything related to the corporate world. Busy though as one of the youth leaders in the church. Totally youthful and playful. Who would ever thought we'll be together?



So back to the question: How does it feel to be "his" girlfriend?


To be his girlfriend, one must understand that he is "really" busy :)  He always do something. He always have a meeting. He always speak with and greet almost everyone he met along the way (although an exaggeration). So to be his girlfriend, one should also be accommodating to people who interrupts our time together. To be his girlfriend you must adjust to his level of thinking (kahit halfway lang). Most especially in the kind of relationship we have (what they call "May-December Love Affair"). To be his girlfriend you must wait until he finishes his tasks, or you should help him. And to be his girlfriend you must be ready to receive advices even in a small aspect of daily living (e.g.  how to drink a coffee, haha! peace!) If you're he's girlfriend, you must know that he is easily sick because of exhaustion :(  And when he has spare time he keep on fidgeting on his ipod's "soccer game app".


But despite his busy schedule he always make time. He always remind me how well I am loved. When I am down he always do his best to take may frown away. He always do his best to see that curve in my face. In times of hardships and trials, he stand still like a strong soldier. Yet in times of weakness he always cling to the Lord for strength. In times of confusion he never fail to be submissive to our leaders. He always remind me to focus on Jesus. He is truly a Christ-centered servant of God :) I just want to share one specific season of our lives when I had anxiety caused by hypothyroidism. I was really misunderstood that time. Even I myself had a hard time understanding my own emotions. I'm always paranoid, scared, I feel like going crazy. But he stood by my side. He never left even in my weakest point. He never left even if I felt like I'm really messed up. And I know, together with my family and friends, God used him to strengthen and uplift me. I learned that love is not just about the "kilig" factor or the happy times together. It's about selflessness, compassion, and love itself.


But does that mean we have a perfect relationship?


Definitely not. We started "not well". (And that's another story) Sometimes we commit mistakes. Yes, we had fights. Sadly, there are times we hurt other. But it is the Lord who corrects us. And we are totally dependent to the Lord  on how we will run our relationship. It is the Lord who planted the "seed" of love in our hearts and it is He who nurtures and grows it. Ultimately we desire to glorify Him through our relationship. We believe that the Holy Spirit will guide us along the way. Also we are grateful to our parents and leaders for their support and guidance. And also to our friends who shares the joy with us :)




"He" is now facing another chapter of "his" life..



Last November 20, 2012, he took the Exhorter's Exam of our denomination together with two of my friends. And Praise God! They passed. We can say that they are now licensed preachers/pastors already. I can say that now, "My Boyfriend is a Pastor". Of course, there are added responsibilities to "his" busy schedule. I should expect more meetings and more people will come into "his" life. But I am so happy for "him". I know God will use "him" even more. And I would be very glad to join him in "his" ministry. I would gladly support "him". I would be glad to be accountable to him. I would be glad to support and pray for "him". I would be very honored to be by "his" side serving the Lord...



 "Iyh val, Mr. Val, Tso Val, Rod, Ptr. Val: ngayong birthday mo, sana mapasaya ka namin na mga nagmamahal sayo. Kadalasan, ikaw ang nagreremind ng birthday ng iba, o ng send-off party ng iba. Kadalasan, ikaw ang nag-aadvice sa iba. Kadalasan, ikaw ang nagpapalakas sa iba. Pero di alam ng lahat na nalulungkot ka rin pala, nafufrustrate ka din pala, nagagalit ka rin pala. Sana kahit sa simpleng paraan mapangiti ka rin namin :-) Sana malaman mo na hinahangaan ka namin pagdating sa pananampalataya mo. Sa totoo nga lang nakakatuwa ang paraan ng pakikisama mo sa iba't ibang klase ng tao. Minsan naman ang weird mo kasi ang kulit kulit mo. Minsan nakakabother kasi trabaho ka ng trabaho. Pero nakakatuwa kasi pinipilit mong balansehen ang lahat ng responsibilidad mo.. Sana malaman mo na mahal ka namin at na-aappreciate namin ang presensya at contributions mo :)  Happy Happy Birthday! More Birthdays to come! Yohoo! Sana magamit ka pang lalo ng Lord sa trabaho o sa ministry o sa buhay ng ibang tao man. Sana'y manatili kang humble, passionate at sold-out kay Kristo! May God bless all the desires of your heart :) "





Happy Birthday sa'yo na mahilig magtaste-test ng mga pagkain :)
 
One of the first pictures together




Our first anniversary  :))




Love,

1 comment: