Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Great Experience!


Just got home from church.. How are yah :)
Me? I feel a bit heavy.. got a looonng day and I feel a bit exhausted.
But i think I wanted to blog now.. that's why I turned on the PC and started typing.


A while ago I received a text message. It is about somebody who told me about her problem of withdrawing from our home church because of her parents' decision. Well primarily I felt sad because the girl is dear to me. And the reason of such suggestion from the parents... is about her teenage days.

I don't really know the whole story behind this expected unexpected statement from her parents. I don't know if she had done something that triggered it. I don't know if this is just an exaggeration. But all I know now is the truth that every christian is persecuted in one way or another. Some are hindered by their parents or relatives. Some are persecuted by peers and friends. Some may persecute themselves (hehe*). But all of us experienced testings in our faith specially when we were just new believers of Christ.


As I understand it, I think the idea is that the girl is hindered from going to church because she became so busy. Being an excellent student with some grades to maintain is really hard. Then suddenly church enters her life and adds more activities in it. I guess the parents fear that she may not enjoy the rest of her teenage years because of the heavy responsibilities she already have.  Maybe they fear that their child may be overburden.


I'm kinda fascinated. I was thinking "Huh?". Then I realized maybe her parents really do not understand. NOT because they're bad parents. I believe every parent loves his/her children enough to desire happiness for them. But if they don't know how joyful it is to serve and experience God, they may have the same reaction.





You know what, serving God is not a burden. IT IS FUN :) !! Hehe..  Unlike other kinds of work, it is less of a burden because it is for God :) Well I'm not saying school is not for God. I'm not saying office is not for God. I'm not saying business is not for God. We can do everything for the glory of God! but doing God's business, like soul-winning, is directly bringing souls to Christ. And it's really fun :)  Getting tired because of extensive practice for the Praise and Worship seems giving more strength. Spending more time and effort for devotion and praying seems having more peace of mind. Staying for more hours at church for bonding with christian friends is rejuvenating. Especially talking about Christ is awesome. Church is never boring. Serving God is A Great Experience of a Lifetime!! Again, it is never a burden. I almost grew up in church, serving the Lord in different ministries. Yes, we have a lot of activities. Sometimes I am really physically exhausted (like today :) ). Sometimes I feel sad because of the people who rejects being approached and mentored by me.  Sometimes my disciples (how we call them at our local church) hurt me. But at the end of the day I know I am happy having God beside me. Then I realize, It is not a heavy burden at all.

Regarding the girl's teenage years, I know she's not falling out of line. Teenage years is worth spent with God.  There is nothing on earth can compare to what God can do to those who serves Him. So if you can spend your days in the light, why choose darkness? Want the greatest moment of a lifetime? Turn to Jesus!!




https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjjgooBUsMdJXM2f0oG_mFhODZNyL_GJvn5hWFxqKzCZzx5tc6G48OnNVSleFGAqxSvXGlaeas3o5aXHnc59tQjz_JsPg1x6SLHGUUsqmDqWqKnqYrDYEDkhT1-gXkLfzxh9yI0qeAb_L1Y/s400/DSCN1850.JPG



My christian friends Camille and Jash. Both are fellow youth leader at church. One of the reasons I enjoy teenage years as a christian :)








https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh_HTmxvkKKIOetEAWlNCgEwsUatWZ1WYZ3SKzanMDJK6wpX4KPKDwX7Pclp3F9bAKu3lYVyePB_B4dLKrNrnIWgqtmux0oidatiTipSwgRr0GHgftkd-U1R2i1J1cwEpX5DKOk7jFV8Pq6/s400/IMG_1073.JPG


Some of my disciples. One of my joys in serving the Lord.




Hehe.. we'll as for me and my teenage years, we will serve the Lord :)


Matthew 11:28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Love you with the love of the Lord!! God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment